Jan 25, 2008

So Tired

I thought I'd end the work week with some photos of how I feel. My wife has strep throat, influenza, and laryngitis. She's been down for the count, so daddy (and hubby) has had to step up to the plate. But one of my daughters also has the flu, and another one broke out in hives last night, for no good reason.

I'm tired. Gorilla tired. I just hope I haven't had the disposition of our hairier cousin during this ordeal.

Speaking of which, I think we humans give ourselves too much credit when we lump ourselves in with the great apes. I know that doing so is taxonomically correct, but look at those teeth, look at those arms and those pecs. This ape might have nothing on me when it comes to frontal lobes, vocal folds, and accounting knowledge, but I wouldn't want to meet up with it in a dark alley. Any familial affinity it might feel for me as its 'hairless' relative wouldn't count for much.

Photo source: Knuttz.net

2 comments:

Danielle Lea said...

I hope you get some rest and your family gets better!
Have a nice relaxing weekend!

Raging Wombat said...

Thank you kindly. We are getting better. :)