Oct 21, 2009

Another Scary Gecko

Gah! Another scary gecko. This one is definitely a leaf-tailed gecko, though really the tail isn't the most remarkable part of this lizard. The alien eyes for instance. This hissing mouth for another.

Photo source: POPFi.com



















Really, if you're trying to defend yourself, it doesn't help your jungle cred to be called a leaf-tailed anything. Especially not when your neighbors are called venomous blank, or army blank, or blank eater. Even a hissing blank is better.

Thanks for the photo, Ida.

4 comments:

Sabina E. said...

oh dear. I almost said "yikes" when the photo loaded on my computer.

Zanna said...

Ok, I adore geckos, but that one would send me scurrying! Yipes!

Unknown said...

I think it's ADORABLE

Unknown said...

I think it's cute. How would you like to be called scary!