Oct 15, 2009

Bundled Baby Bats

This isn't my first post on a row of bundled baby bats, and it won't be my last (provided I can find more).

This could have been one of the most adorable photos taken. But then you see that knobby, membranous wrist jutting out from the top of the wrap. And then you look to the bottom of the photo and see that groping talon. What had been an endearing scene is suddenly made sinister.

I almost wish that fruit bats really did feed on humans, because over-sized, canine-headed, and demon-winged flying humanivores would make for a good monster. But it's hard to be afraid of frugivores (though I still manage it).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But it's hard to be afraid of frugivores"

That is, unless you're a grape.

Anonymous said...

You cheated! They are still totally cute!

Anonymous said...

Yup, Still adorable!

Anonymous said...

It looks like "teh cute", as our cuteoverload.com frenemies might put it, is being dragged down into hell by a giant demon. Yikes!

Unknown said...

Simple test- My 9 year old daughter printed it up and brought it to class- verdict: cute

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Extremely cute. There's some bats that have growths on their snouts etc. to look ugly, but really I don't see why if someone thinks a hamster or guinea pig is cute that they would think one with wings is ugly otherwise.