Sep 4, 2010

Hard Not To Stare

It would be hard not to stare, wouldn't it? Like talking to someone with a growth on their face, it's hard not to stare. But little monkey had better be careful, lest mommy should come to an abrupt halt. You don't want a face full of that.


Why do some monkey species have red butts? For some, it's a sign that a female is sexually mature. For others, the rear becomes nice and swollen, and it's used as padding for sitting (I've got similar padding, though not due to swelling or redness).

8 comments:

Michael Rochelle said...

When I see things like this, it makes me thank God that he (or she) didn't make us humans that way. Yuck!!!

Check out my humor columns at http://www.justmichael.net/blog

BeMistified said...

Makes me so glad that we wear pants. Could you imagine if a human walked around like that?! Yikes!

Milly said...

one word, ewwwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

Q: Why do some monkey species have red butts?

A: Monkeys are well known for having old plumbing in their homes and they have to use the rough toilet paper to keep their toilets from backing up.

April Lorier said...

Fortunately, they don't know what they're displaying, cuz they can't see it! :-D

Nicole said...

That makes my butt hurt just looking at it! That is what I feel like after a "rough" digestive period...
OUCH!

alahay said...

great to see my pics put into use! I encourage you to find more ugliness in my art and I will be looking forward to the comments ;)

http://alahay.deviantart.com for an extensive list ;)

Mr RandomLover said...

it looks like the pink butted monkey is giving birth. maybe thats why she has a pink and swollen butt...